Where does your energy come from?
How do you wake up every day and find the strength to keep pushing?
How do you workout 2-3 times a day and eat healthy?
I stay in great shape for many reasons.
First off working out and eating right will give your body much more natural energy. I also take great pride in getting my body to levels that even I may think are unattainable. The biggest reason I do what I do is to inspire others. If I can help one person then maybe they will do the same for someone that may never come in contact with me.
The word that sums all of this up is PASSION. I work more than the average person but I love what I do so it is not work to me. Waking up in the morning everyday with that desire to do more and continuing to work hard because I know I have the capability of helping so many people.
Think about the one thing you love so much you would do anything to make the most of it. It may be working with children or sharing your art with the world. I believe that the path God lead me down was the one I am meant to share with you. If I do not share with the world what I know inside then I am not giving back the way I should. I get hundreds of emails per week from complete strangers telling me I was the reason they went to the gym today or started eating better. This is why I work so hard in and out of the gym.
There are people out there that can use your knowledge like they can use mine.
How did I find my Passion? Fitness found me. I was a skinny kid at age 18 and decided on going to a small college in a very small town. Fitness was my way of spending my college years rather than drinking and partying. I became interested in looking like the guys on the magazine covers, never really thinking I could get to that level but it was a dream. The biggest thing I got from it was the sense of well being and the feeling of having my energy level sky-rocket. Where you just feel Healthy.
At that point I had no idea that eventually fitness would be my career and life. I continued to set goals and learn as much as I could about my body. After about 4 years my body was to a level that I felt I was reaching my goal. So what was next? I decided to help others do the same.
I graduated college with a Marketing Degree and worked the corporate 9-5 job. I hated every minute of it. One day I just quit with this idea that I was going to become the best personal trainer in the world. Fast forward 8 years and I am doing exactly what I love doing. It takes time to make things happen but if you want to follow your passion then go for it. Cut all the negative people out who hold you back and do what you have to do to make it.
So how do you figure out what you are passionate about?
7 Keys to Finding your Passion
1. You must first figure out what you love doing, what excites you every day. Ask yourself this: if I could wakeup everyday doing what I love what would that be? It may take you some time to figure this out. Try a few things out and see what you love. Brainstorming is great as well – Get a piece of paper and make a list of everything you know you love and things that you want to try. One by one start trying these new things out.
2. Like anything else you have to master your craft. Work very hard to become the best you can be. Think of Olympic Sprinters. They practice for years for that 1 race. They have to master their start off the block, their steps, technique and finish. Going from point A to Point B under 10 seconds. To be the best they must train harder than the best.
3. Put people around you that also have your same passion. This is very important. You may find groups or website chats with people that also love what you love. You can interact and give tips to one another in ways to make your passion your path in life.
4. Build Trust in yourself. You tell yourself you are going to be very good at something in time you will be if you put your mind to it. It is not easy and it takes time, so be patient with yourself.
5. Risks are something that you cannot be scared to take. DO NOT let this hold you back. I am not saying go out and quit your job the minute you figure out what you love but take it in as a hobby or a side job. In time this passion of yours will succeed and become your everyday life.
6. Constant Learning Process. You can always evolve what you are doing and grow. You need to learn as much as you can. Read books, websites, connect with people that can teach you more then you may already know. This will broaden your craft.
7. Never Quit. You may think you’re passionate about something and do it for awhile and realize it is not what you love. That’s ok, just start over and find what you love. Through it all never give up. If you love something enough you will be good at it over time and succeed.
One thing I can help people with is changing their bodies and their lives through my HitchFit Program. My program is so much more than just working out or losing weight. I want to change your life so you can take it from there. I’m like a booster rocket that gets you into space and then you navigate from there. The hardest part is getting started and that’s where I come in. Go to my web site hitchfit.com and sign up for a 12 week or 16 week plan and I’ll personally get you where you want to go.
I have helped many people and I can help you, too!
Everything you wrote, I totally believe. By trusting yourself you inspire others and live a useful life. Great Article!